Connect With The BDSS

Thursday 3 February 2011

How To Snag A Wealthy Husband...

When I first read this article of how Kim Perez snagged her self a millionaire husband (see here: How to marry a millionaire -Kim Perez Style) there was a small part of me who thought good for her.

You see Kim compared her plight of being a divorced lowly chemist worker from up north, to that of someone trapped in the wrong gender! lol (apparently she was trapped in the wrong social class); so much so she dealt with her plight by reinventing herself.

Now I kind of admire the fact she identifed her problem (wrong class),  she identified what was needed to fix said problem (a millionaire husband) and she made the necessary changes to solve her problem (a few elocution lessons, a new wardrobe, erased northern past!) and voila -she is 9 months married to a millionaire.

Today Kim spends her days shopping, eating at fine restaurants, traveling the world and setting up her own tanning business (apparently shopping gets boring)... she is living the dream and as I said above good for bloody her! lol 

I mean what women (or man) for that matter would not love to experience the finer things in life? Truth be told I'm waiting for my partner to make his millions so I can live a life of retail therapy and fine dinning -definitely no work for me… but thats just my dream... back to Kim.


As much as I was feeling good for her, there were certain things Kim said in the articule that made me think hmm (dream or ...something else!)… which I will expand upon below:-


She changed her accent -
  Now I don't necessarily think there is anything wrong with changing your accent, I think we all switch up our accents or manner of speech depending on the setting; except in Kim's case changing her accent seemed more about contempt or self loathing: 'Northern accents make people assume you’re stupid and working class.' 
She continued:  'after six months (of elocution lessons) it was virtually impossible to tell I had been born in the North'

God forbid anyone discovering your from... (gasp) -up Norf! :-d


She educationed herself about the rich (where they dinned, travelled etc) -
Again not necessarily a big deal; who doesn't love a good glossy magazine and keeping abreast of how the other half live?
A little deeper however reveals Kim might has some sort of social anxiety:  'I got books from the library on etiquette. I didn’t want to use the wrong knife or pick up someone else’s bread roll by mistake.'
Ok the wrong knife issue I can kind of understand because in all honesty I'm acustomed to a knife, a fork and a spoon (at the head of my plate) for dessert... any other cutlery is wasted on me; but to actually think I don't want to make the mistake of picking up someones bread roll? really... with that kind of pressure I don't know how she manages to enjoy all this fine cuisine she is dinning on...

(I can picture it now) Panic!! ... 'is this my bread roll ...or his?!' :-d


Moving on... She changed her appearance - this one is reasonable for someone trying to reinvent themselves. Want a rich husband? appear to be rich husband material!

She wanted to...'show him (her potential husband) she would be able to 'fit' into his world'. So she wore designer clothes and defaulted on an electricity bill or two to get those hair extensions.

Kim was 'speculating to accumulate' — and she knew it would be 'worth it'. She kind of reminds me of what the hip hop honey's do (invest in plastic bums, breasts & portfolio's) only Kim has actually arrived at her idea of sucess...

I think shes actually ... a Genius - lol...I'm back to saying - good for her!


Finally... She left her old life behind -  this is the point were I went double hmm (as in -hmm? hmm!?)
Initally she was vague about her past with her husband and did not tell him she was a lowly chemist worker (from up Norf!) living on the bread line; because as mentioned above she wanted to be 'seen to fit into his world'. However it seems like she does not really 'fit in'... 

'Do I feel like I’m still playing a part? In some ways, yes I do. I’m still careful to keep things vague when I talk to people about my background'.

Serious?! :-d

To me it sounds like she's ashamed of who she is, where she comes from, and possibly how and why she is where she is now? literally she set out to bag a rich husband to give her the 'dream life' she could not give herself (without him knowing that was what she was doing). Its kind of like deceipt!?

Also from the articule I can't really see what she brings to the relationship table? if you know what I mean? her husband has the money, the 'cool confidence' of a sucessful man. She's got a fake accent, good looks and an unspeakable past! (in social settings) lol

Also whilst she might be scoofing at her old family and friends 'mundane lives' at least they are unlikely to be ashamed to say  'ay up chuck' every now and again... (like a true Northern person- yeh!) to deny her roots must take away from the experience in some way me finks... not so good for her!

So anyways BDSS'rs what do you think is Kim living a dream or an illusion?! Are you planning on snagging a wealthy man… how are you going to do it? finally is being from Norf that bad that you have to deny your Northern roots?


*Also whilst no prenup is promising on her husbands part,  her telling the world (or atleast all daily mail readers)  she will leave 'with what she came with' if the relationship goes askew (whilst noble) is ...very stupid! :-d

1 comment:

  1. Yes Kim is living her dream as she did what she needed to do to get the kind of life she wanted, question is, is it worth it all?? Only time will tell, personally to change everything i am just to marry someone wealthy seems a little much for me, i'm comfortable with the person i am the struggle i have and the people who are in my life. they help make who i am and they are all good people. If i happen to find a wealthy man he better like my people and me for who i really am or it for me is just not worth it. Would i go to that extent HECK NO! changing how i dress is one thing but changing my ascent and not being truthful about what what you do and what class you in is for too much of a leap. A wealthy man/ any man should love all off you for who you are. Yes i would love to marry someone well off but he better love what i have to offer and i shouldn't have to change who i am to fit into that world that's work i don't want. I'll let you all know the result once i marry my wealthy man lol :-)

    ReplyDelete