Connect With The BDSS

Monday 3 January 2011

2011 The Year Of...

... 20% VAT  - Some reports are suggesting the VAT increase will add an extra £158 or more (depending on which reports you read) to the average family's household bill, coupled with;


Above inflation rise in petrol and rail fares - Just on a basic level (i.e., paying bills, general purchases and traveling to work) the cost of living will most definitely go up this year; and with predictions of 7p or more added on a litre of petrol and a 10% increase on some rail fares 2011 is looking pretty bleak for the average working person.


Moving onto...
... Public sector cuts There are predictions of 3 million unemployed due to what the government have said are ´necessary´ actions (cuts) as any delay or indecision would lead to further risk to the economy, country and people; mixed with a bit of...  


... Swine flu (or is it just normal flu?) Some reports are calling it an epidemic or ´crisis´.  To be honest I don´t know if it is an epidemic; but what I do know is a number of people have died, a number of pregnant women have been hospitalized fighting the virus; infection rates are on the increase and stocks of the antiviral drugs are down! Therefore my advice at the first sign of flu is  #Catch it bin it kill it! Catch it, bin it, kill i- oh wait!.. that ad campaigns been cut too! (by government) ha...


... I could go on about the rise in national insurance, increased loan rates, and the freeze in public sector pay but I think you get what I´m trying to say...
2011 The Year Of _____  please feel free to fill in the blank bdss´rs!

5 comments:

  1. 2011 the year of ignoring all the BS, keep smiling, be smart to negotiate all these changes, and staying mentally, physically, and spiritually healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol this is interesting 2011 is the year to be clever, tight and happy to have a house party where folks bring their own food and can only have 1 drink lol. Happy to skype, not shop every month, eat home food for lunch at work, save petrol by staying at home when you really wanna get down with your girls/boys... 2011 is the year of being TIGHT, STRICT... this possibly might lead to being a stuck in the mad but at least you won't owe no doe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo hooo Sel, I hear you on that one!! LOL

    2011, The Year of Me. I genuinely feel that despite good intentions, I've lost myself in the midst of chaos, challenges, ups and downs etc and although I'm not one for New Year's resolutions (as you might have suspected from my comment on the previous post!) I feel the need to become just a little selfish and focus some positive energy towards myself (it's not easy - I feel selfish even admitting it!!). It may sound taboo to admit I actually want to be selfish but this I think will make me a better, more well-rounded person with a healthier mind which I hope will in turn be beneficial for those around me also :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you ladies are almost making me feel positive about 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2011 The year of being myself without compromise...nuff said

    ReplyDelete