Connect With The BDSS

Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I remember going to see Boyz II Men a few years ago with the BDSS’s. The show was great because as well as Boyz II Men we were treated to the seductive sounds of Joe who has too many classics’ to mention (a personal favourite “Thing’s your man won’t do”).

We were also treated to the delights of everyone’s favourite ‘Grown man business’ crooner Brian McKnight (again another personal favourite “Anytime”).

Trust me BDSS’ers it was definitely a night to remember and my voice was horse from alternately singing and screaming for two hours none stop.

(FYI Brian McKnight has been my grown man crush since forever, a bit like Denzel Washington).

Anyway back to the point of this post…

Boyz II Men being of the “Song for Mama” fame proceeded at the end of the night to tell everyone to pull out their mobile phone’s. Put the loudspeaker on. And… Call their mother’s!

A wonderful intention but to which most of the crowds response was a resounding huh *sigh*

Luckily we at the BDSS love our mother’s dearly so as it mother's day (just about)… here is to all those mothers, our own and other people’s mothers who have inspired and touched our lives, even those who are no longer with us.

Happy Mothers Day!




I’m going to be like Boyz II Men and ask you’ll to participate by speaking some mother love in comments…

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day! To mothers and those who are not biologically our mothers but who have acted like mothers (I'm fortunate enough to know a few). After stuffing myself silly I have had time to reflect on the blessings of being a mother, and it's been wonderful. I feel truly blessed to have my three sons, who are each the best mothers day present that I could have ever hoped for.

    I'm also fortunate to have redeveloped a relationship with my own mother who up until a few years ago I was not in regular contact with. I soldiered on and lived my life, as she did hers. Fortunately utilisng the many skills that she had raised me with. After rebuilding our relationship I can honestly say their is nothing like having your mum in your life. They may not be perfect, but believe me I have lived with and without my mother and feel very blessed that we are back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this was lovely to watch, mothers are so important, those that take the job seriously because even cows give birth but the job after the taking that baby and making them into a stand up respectable young man or woman which is something different altogether, so to all the wonderful mothers. I don't just wish you happy mothers day... I SAY THANK YOU FOR BEING THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN MY LIFE I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Si I am sooooo rubbish! Can you believe I've just watched this vid now! I thought it was Thank You Mama music vid by Sizzla! Not my mama up on their with your ladies gorgeous mamas!!! It's beautiful - Thank you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha :-D Yes girl,your mother, my mother, Debs mother dat! lol Not Sizzla (although Thank You Mama it is another one of my favourite songs).

    It's a BDSS original!

    It took me ages searching everyones FB pages looking for mother pictures! so I'm glad you like it hun.

    Our beautiful mothers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice video! They are indeed wonderful women, my mum in the past and present continues to provide so much support to her children. She is definitely our rock through lifes up's and down's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very thankful for my mother, especially today of all days where if it weren't for her 28 years ago, I wouldn't be here LOL.

    A midwife, teacher, counsellor, psychologist and spiritual motivator, she like all the other BDSS mum's always has the strength to hold me up and pull me through; even when she doesn't have enough for herself.

    It's been a tough 13 years of ill-health but I'm praise God that I still have her here with me. Nowadays she is dependent on me, meanwhile unaware that she'll always be my rock.

    The BDSS Mamas had enriched my life before I ever met them; by bringing such wonderful sisters into the world and my life!!

    I also honour and remember all those mothers and grandmothers who have passed, and those mothers who may find this time of year a difficult one

    ReplyDelete