Connect With The BDSS

Saturday 19 March 2011

Rebecca Black - Friday, Then Comes Saturday, Afterwards Sunday...

Today's Saturday, but yesterday was Friday...

Rebecca Black is genius because yesterday (Friday) instead of partying and doing Friday things, I was glued to YouTube.

I watched the official video:

I watched overexposed:

I watched the spoof:

I watched the lyric analysis:

And I even read the Daily Mail: Rebecca Black teen YouTube hit branded worlds worst singer cries criticism

It's like they took what they thought were the 'catchiest' or even 'hippest' lyric's you can put in a song and used them all at once repeatedly:

'Friday' (Everyone loves friday) 'Partyin Partyin' (Everyone loves to party)  'Fun Fun Fun' (the more she repeats it the more I believe it) 'Kickin it' (I don't know about you but I love to kick it ) and 'Yeah' (I blame Usher for that one!)

Then they add a black 'rapper'...

"Yeh yeh, RB Rebecca Black
so chilling in the front side, in the back seat
I'm driving cruising, 
fast lanes, switching lanes
with a car by my side, woah come on  
passing by is a school bus, in front of me next
tick tock, wanna scream,
check my time, it's Friday
its a weekend
we gonna have fun come come on yo"


Oh come on indeed, ha ha ...it makes no sense what so ever!

This could possibly be the worst top song going and her mother actually paid Ark Music Factory for those 'lyrics' 

There is probably more I could say but to be honest I'm lost for words with this one.

So I'll leave it to you BDSS'ers... what do you think? A spoof? Is she the next Bieber? Is it real? Is it fake? Do you feel sorry for her? Who is the rapper? And just why?

*Disclaimer: fun fun FUN

 Update: Mystery solved, who is the rapper? 'Pato' Patrice Wilson - Ark Music Factory Producer   He produces and features in most of the companies songs. If his myspace bio is to be believed then I can not understand how he produced those rap lyric's but hayhoo!

3 comments:

  1. I saw this ish on the Daily Mail, thought who is this watched it for exactly 49 seconds before i thought i can't waste my time. Now bcos of this post i had to watch the whole vid to actually comment.
    This is not for real at all and this is just wrong, if she wanted this then she better deal with all the back lash, on the other hand not everything that a child wants they should get so lesson learned, her mother should not have said yes to all this drama just for 15 minutes of fame... now at what cost??
    The song is wack, she can't sing and whats amazing is she actually had so many hits and everyone and their giddy aunt are talking about her so whoever is behind this job well done.

    As for the fool calling her names he simply should shut the heck up, she is child and he is just too grown to sink that low, in fact he is worse than her, because for her she may think she has a great voice but what is his excuse, name calling a little girl and going on to wish she drowns in the sea... REALLY. If anyone should shut the f up it should be him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @madeformakeup Sorry you had to watch it for the purposes of this post! haha

    I agree if it's fame she and her family wanted then they will have to deal with the backlash.

    Also she and Ark Music Factory are genius, because people are talking about the song and it's selling which is what counts I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose that there's a market for all sorts these days; I mean the UK only needs to look at Wagner off the last X-Factor for crying out loud!! lol

    But WOW does this song (if that's what it is) stink. Although he kinda got deep towards the end, I have to admit that the 'overexposed' guy made me chuckle just a lil bit lol

    ReplyDelete