Connect With The BDSS

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Although he got a young back, he don't know about that real stroke... and other benefits of growing old!

Thank you Brian McKnight for those words of wisdom! I agree with that sentiment...although being young is good, certain things only come with age!

...And as me and Selly are turning 29 next month, I thought I'd list some of the good things that have come to me with growing older.

First, as I have gotten older I have grown more comfortable and confident in myself. I no longer stress out about things I have no control over and just enjoy my life...misery don´t like my company no more, fact! lol

Second, I no longer need someone else to complete me and I have slowly but surely grown content in my own self... (I`m giving myself a hug right now!).

Another thing that has come with age is that when I go raving I don't have to be in the tightest or shortest dress or the highest heels to feel sexy because I feel sexy in my own skin. Plus sexiness is all in the mind and I can still be sexy in tracksuit pants trust! (and no I don´t wear track pants to the club!), you see because I´m grown I don´t really go clubbing anymore...

Also as I have gotten older my relationships have become more stable, less confusing and more fulfilling, and right now I love being in a grown folks relationship dealing with grown folk issues in a grown folk way (thank you Selly for that quote!), meaning although we might argue and get on each others nerves... we don´t throw in the towel and break up ... we thrash things out, we discuss, agree, compromise and sometimes even agree to disagree! (how mature are we?).

I can only think of a few random examples at the moment, I would try and think of more but I´m tried and my back is aching!

...Please feel free to begin were I have left off and tell me more good things that have come to you with age... (besides wisdom, grace and better stroking technique!)

2 comments:

  1. Well, better stroking techniques most certainly come with years!! lol

    This is so true and sad as it may seem, I regularly find myself doing a 25yr vs 15yr or 27yr vs 17 (as is the case now) as in, what would I have told myself at 17, knowing what I do now??? Or even, what would my 17yr old self be disappointed in at my 27yr old self?

    The 27yr old would tell the 17yr old that they are lying to you - that weave is not brown, it true colour (orange) shows up as such in pictures!!

    27yrs would say, 'llow that boy coming your way in a couple of years time - he's gonna try and make you turn crazy and on the flip side, 17yrs old would be wondering how on earth 27yrs is no longer in touch with the many 'friends' 17yrs is still running around with, as if forever separable.

    I also feel a lot sexier, confident and stronger as a whole, whilst recognising that there are times when this lapses but that with God an end will come in sight. I no longer feel it necessary to 'put my face on' just to go to the corner shop, or my 'bottom hugging' jeans to take the bin out. I still feel a little nervous as to what each new year will bring, but I feel a lot more equipped to deal with random surprises or behaviours.

    Each hour/day/week/month/year is a blessing and I think that birthday's especially are the best time for reflections and (if needs musts) new year's resolutions. Those made at the beginning of every new year is a vain worldly attempt in jumping on bandwagons and tends to fail by February; our birthdays, however, are personal and special and resolutions made then should inspire us even more to achieve higher and better than in previous years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh girl if I was speaking to a younger version of myself there is so much I would say!!! Being younger I was so confused and anxious about things that I now take in my stride!

    I now know whatever obstacles come my way I can overcome them with hard work determination, and most of all prayer! It's helped that I have examples of hard times, whereas before I didn't know my own strength.

    I've also got a better perspective about what I want out of life, so I can work to acheive these things in the future.

    Previously I use to create a lot of drama my own self just for the sake of it LOL but now I've learned to appreciate my own company. I've also learned that time is so precious, and I've accepted that because people change all the time sometimes you have to let people who are very dear in your heart go...

    ReplyDelete