Connect With The BDSS

Wednesday 25 August 2010

There maybe trouble ahead!!!!!

Don't you just hate it when things are running smoothly some examples being....

You got up early and are running on time for work, school, church etc etc

Or

You've just been promoted at work or got a new job

Or

Your in a lovely new relationship and every things going well, or the same could be true for a long established one

Or

You've just found out you've got a winning lottery ticket

Just everything's going swimmingly and then you encounter a major road block!

I'm talking you loose the winning ticket on the way to cashing it (or more stupidly I read about a man who ripped up his winning ticket in a fit of rage and swallowed it-loser lol)

Or

You get made redundant a few days after accepting the new job or promotion (I know someone this happened to)

Or

You find out your new man has a new baby mother (where did she come from? Oh you slept with her while you was with me! I know someone this happened to)

Or

Or you turn a corner onto a particular road and encounter a major traffic jam on the way to being on time (this happens to me all the time - or so I tell my manager shhhh about this one lol!)

Life indeed throws many stumbling blocks, brick walls, challenges and hurdles your way at completely joyous and unexpected times

Oh why universe oh why? I hear you cry!

Life is like a box of chocolates you never know which one your gonna get (thank you forrest ghump!) Lol!

Oh dear ffs!

Rant over - my question is how do you overcome?

I am not one to shy away from challenges (I've often set myself some over the years examples are, go to uni, buy house, get new job, learn new skill etc) but sometimes you can be at a lose of how to deal with those unexpected ones.

Again I ask how do you overcome?

What are the coping mechanisms people? What can you do to overcome them?

3 comments:

  1. It all depends which is the problem some things are just not ment to be. "How do u cope" that's a good question and for me I would say your faith helps you heal, it may sound religious and all but that really is my honest answer. God can and does deal with all things, yes off course we have to accept some kind of responsibility if u see a pattern.

    Best of luck honey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger Si said...

    When life throws a brick at you, I think it helps to remember that the Lord does not give you more than you can bear! and what seems like a mountain today will be a molehill tomorrow...
    Sorry nothing really practical there! lol

    Having been made redundant last year, it was not a very nice experience, but I just kept the faith! Resisted the urge to stay in bed, wallow and watch daytime TV! lol. I prayed about it, I woke up early, applied for jobs, went on interviews and eventually God gave me a breakthrough and I have not looked back since...

    As for finding out my man has been unfaithful and as a result has another baby mother that one is a tough one - personally I don´t think I would be able to deal with it, probably its my foolish pride! Having also been cheated on in the past I know how disappointing it can be and to be honest although I stayed with that person for a bit after, I was so angry at them that in the long run the relationship could not work. But there are other people out there who manage to move forward after cheating, so it depends on both parties and what they want and if they feel they can move on and build trust again... plus obviously you have to consider these children as well which is another stumbling block and you might end up feeling resentful - as they were not part of the plan... but again i´m sure somewhere out there, there are people who have overcome that also!
    So what I really mean is... I don´t really know what I would do in that situation! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol yes it is indeed very tricky to know what step to take next. And some issues are definitely more testing than others.
    The lottery ticket person is just a straight up no sympathy for that.
    What to do after infidelity is trickier, I'd say I'm of the same stance as you si, but the person this happened to was not.

    Coming back to the question of coping, I think my coping mechanism is to look at positive examples of people who have maybe been through these scenario's and have coped and have stayed positive.

    I also know that prayer for a lot of people is a very powerful tool as well. I've seen people cope with a lot of worse situations than the ones in the post using prayer. I also pray.

    I call on my friends and family as well I am not one to not talk about problems. I find that things feel a lot better for me when they are not hidden.

    Can anyone think of any other examples of things you can do?

    ReplyDelete