Connect With The BDSS

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Welcome to the phenomenal women blog - part of bdss

Hello and welcome to my first blog on bdss!

If your not familiar with the maya angelou poem “phenomenal woman”, then you will probably think from the name of my blog that I am a completely conceited woman walking around thinking I'm phenomenal, well as great as i think I am, its more a tribute to the fabulous contributors to the bdss blog. We are a group of women expressing ourselves and everyone is welcome to join in!

So here goes first ever blog (I'm nervous lol)

I love the above poem as it inspires me to feel confident and womanly it says I am a women phenomenally, phenomenal woman that's me :) love it lol!

Its got me wondering what other things make me feel completely awesome and rocking....

1) A big hug and kiss from my son

2) Getting in some me time

3) Completing a goal or challenge I've set for myself

4) Spending time with good family and friends

5) Being inspired


........So my phenomenal ladies can you think of anything else?

1 comment:

  1. Well, for me, I feel rewarded and confident of myself as a young woman when I achieve something that I initially had niggling doubts about.

    For example, public speaking. I have to do this quite regularly for work and everytime I do, my heart ends up in my gut and my gut in my mouth! For some reason, I am always CONVINCED they will not be interested in what I will have to say, or that I won't be eloquent enough to keep them engaged - or that they'll think I'm talking a load of sh*t and will instead start thinking about what's for dinner that night. Failing that, I'm absolutely certain that they're picking apart the clothes I'm wearing, my hair, my face, and the fact that I say 'erm' what feels like a million times!!!

    But I always get good and encouraging feedback where I'm like - were we at the same talk??? But nevertheless (and once it's all over) it's one of many things that after achieving, makes me feel phenomenal!

    Until I'm asked to do the next one... :/

    ReplyDelete