Connect With The BDSS

Monday 9 August 2010

The Other Woman!

So, I'm sure that many of you will be able to relate with the oh so familiar tell-tale signs. . . once upon a time, there existed the feeling like you were the only thing that mattered and was on his mind 24/7. The honeymooning state of being 'inseparable' and wishing away the hours that you're apart until you're together again. The knowledge that you came first on his list of 'can't waits' to see, talk to or 'do' (nudge, nudge, wink wink!!).

Now, there's another woman I'm constantly having to battle against for his attention and I think I'm loosing that battle . . . damn the person who invented that blasted game of FOOTBALL!!! UUURRRGGHH, I'm telling you, my frustration is unreal. How the hell could football be such a large part of my life and I don't even follow the sport??? Let me break down the seriousness of Beau's addition . . .

From the Premier League, the Coca Cola Football League, the National League, the Sunday League, the European league, World Cup fever, promotion and relegation within these leagues and the amateur leagues I find myself driving to and fro cos he's playing in them, it's the bain of my life cos he watches them all. He'd be forgiven if it was just the Man U and rival matches that he found interest in, but no - such is my luck that he's into them all. If it were Martian United vs T-Rex Rangers, trust me, he'll be watching it :D

But you'd be forgiven for thinking that's where it ends cos it soooo doesn't. When none of the above are happening, the presence of 'the other woman' lives on in the electronic form of Fifa 10 (Xbox) or Football Manager (laptop). I mean, does 'she' get all the quality time??

I take solace in knowing that I'm not alone and far from the only one exisiting in a threesome and maybe you, my lovelies, will be able to relate to one or more the following physical appearances that the 'Other Women' uses as a disguise:

1. Xbox or Playstation
2. Laptop or PC
3. iPhone apps or BBM
4. .coms / htmls / website managament / blogs
5. Music & studio (as in, "I'm going studio to spit my rhymes". . !)
6. DJing / promoting / mixing
7. The car, the rims, the trim, the sound system
8. The garms and the bling (referring to them as such is enough to deal with)
9. Work/The Office
10. A best friend (you know the kind, that one that makes you shudder upon sight, or comes to the 'yard' expecting to yam it out, bun it out and 'go larng' like to say he's sharing the bills!)

and the list most probably goes on. Admittedly, I have a thing for BBM but not the point which would mean that there's four of us in the relationship!!!

What do I do to try and win this battle?? I feel that I've tried everything from distraction (naughty negligee), to tolerance (say nothing and pay it no attention) to outright frustration ("haven't you finished with her yet???") to compromise ("alright, show me how to play this thing then!") to eventual defeat (*screw face*), and none have seemed to even phase him. Well, there was a momentary agreement to every other day but that took only about a week to dwindle. It's difficult to not think that no one else's 'other woman' can be this invasive their lives - am I wrong??

I'll let you know if I manage to 'foot' the 'ball' to a less significant position in my life. But please don't hold your breath because I can't be done for manslaughter.

6 comments:

  1. Lol ha ha ha i can so relate to this blog girl! and that list was very extensive and it included one or two that feels like the mistress in my relationship at times!

    I read a story in one of those real-life magazines about a woman whose fiance actually called off their wedding day when his team made it through to a final unexpectedly on the same day as their wedding poor thing!

    alot of men have serious football addictions so your not alone if that's of any comfort to you....lol....its probably not!

    The thing about footy is (and i've questioned my man about this), is that they love it from they are small, they choose they're team from they're young (and it doesn't change). Its like women grow up having periods, and men have football (and I use periods as an example as we are not all out playing netball during our teams lol).

    The good thing is though is that as far as addictions go, atleast he is not on crack! Or a sex addict like eric benet or a gambling addict or a......you get the picture! lol!

    Not sure if there is much you can do really, except do your own thing when he is otherwise engaged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women have periods, men have football!? lol

    I understand your pain D, being as my man loves all things .com and html!
    This year I even visited the 2010 Internet world conference (set up like erotica but not even half as interesting!) A load of geeks with Iphones!
    Your Beau sounds extreme though with his football and xbox addiction, although I agree with Selly, there are worst addictions.
    I do think its good in a relationship to have space and time to yourself, otherwise you might drive each other mad!! Hehe
    Although I have never got the whole Sunday league thing...
    Firstly, the men I know who do play are generally above the age and/or below the health/fitness level where they are ever likely to play professional football!
    Secondly, they get so many injuries because, well their old and not as fit as they used to be ! lol; and thirdly because I can think of 101 things I would much rather be doing on a Sunday morning, than kicking a ball around on dirt!


    I just don´t get that love affair!???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness re: 2010 Internet World Conference - I really never knew such a thing existed (and yes, I would expect that if differs immensely from Erotica :D) and as for the wedding cancellation cos of an UNEXPECTED game. . . if Boo ever tried that, it would be a permanent cancellation!

    Admittedly, there are worst addictions and I am finding ways to counteract it, in a manner of speaking (eg: baked a cake the way he likes and in turn he washed up, cooked and turned the Xbox off - result!!!)

    Tell me about it, what kinda love affair involves kicking a piece of leather on grass and mud? However, I have to admit that he is talented - just that youth is no longer on his side! But, the fact that he wishes to train others and eventually end up working in a coaching/management capacity shows me it's a passion and this is the only reason why I put up with 'the other woman'.

    I just hope he'll make room for 'the other man' when I find one! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although to be fair; he was a darl last night and there was no electronic gadget in sight, apart from the TV.

    That makes it '1 all' ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Result: Debs 1 - Beau 1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL girl, I know it ain't easy my other woman is the HTC Android and development books KMT. I think it's true you have to look at the positives itcould be worse they could be down the pub every other night!

    I'm sure now you have a new distraction he will be the one complaining "Monkey see, monkey do" hey!

    You may have to get a new alias for your Beau though girl as that's my favourite name for bubba!! Saying that you will have two Beau's and will not even be cheating! :o)

    ReplyDelete