Connect With The BDSS

Friday 8 October 2010

Apprentice appreciation- we love you LORD SUGAR

I don't know about you but I LOVE The apprentice.

Its back for another twelve weeks with the same mixture of crazy and ultimately pointless tasks where candidates battle it out to prove that they are the ultimate candidate and be hired for the £100,000 salary.

Sir Alan has been promoted he is now a Lord. Lord sugar doesn't that sound grand! “Lord Flav"....nah my last name doesn't have the same ring to it, except funnily enough in my own head lol!

But I love Lord Sugar, with his mixture of cockney accent (He is a fellow hackney-ite like me) and business acumen. His classic one-liners. He made a funny quip about being offered money from someone in nigeria once! In the first episode! He had all the blackberry messenger updates going after that! The man is a man of the world, he is global!

But I also love watching the candidates, a classic cringe-induding line from one of them, in one of the very first sequences of the program was "everything I touch turns to sold" wow blown away I was not but I can see what he was trying to do!...

You've got to love the candidates with all their "I'm the best" rhetoric

I may have been made redundant but "I'm the best blah blah blah"

I may be an unemployed graduate but "I'm the best blah blah blah"

With such a heady mix of ego's competitiveness, LORD SUGAR and tasks that make you think sausages....hmm!!! Apprentice is my idea of a hilarious tv viewing.

If you haven't seen the first episode bbc iplayer it.

All I will say is DAN ragging bull, way too much testosterone!

Between, watching The Apprentice, X-factor and Trueblood how will I ever prise myself away from my TV? *Sigh*

Do you fellow bdss'ers enjoy the apprentice as much as I do? Its far better than strictly come dancing!

5 comments:

  1. YES! i do gal, i set my sky box on auto view and series link for this show. When i love i show i talk to the tv and let them know how i really feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ll have you know that one can be redundant and great at the same time! lol

    I have not really been into the Apprentice recently, I think since the Badger and Syed were on.

    You can´t knock Lord Sugar´s rise to riches, I was watching the recent show with Piers Morgan and he never had it easy growing up or even whilst accumulating his wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has definitely accomplished a lot from very humble beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty late when it comes to the Apprentice, oive just gotten into it over the last 3 years and love it! That bull though was getting on my last nerves I'm do glad he went. Finally there is something decent on television along with ANTM, The worlds strictest parents, and Don't tell the bride ......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sel - that line 'everything I touch turns to sold' got me belly laughing!!!

    I wasn't a die hard fan when it started but since Mum used to watch it and boo watches it now, it's almost as though I have no choice. But saying that, it does grab my interest especially everyone vying for the position of most resourceful, with the most initiative or simply the most gobby!!

    Unemployed Head of Communications. Ok, so how does being an unemployed employee work exactly???

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete