Connect With The BDSS

Monday 18 October 2010

The Art Of Keeping It Casual!

This title is very misleading, as you would think it would contain some tips based on my own experiences of keeping it casual!

And by keeping it casual I mean, your in a place where you don't want to be in a relationship, but at the same time, you want to get a bit of loving! Do you know what I mean?

Myself personally in the past when I've attempted this. I tended to fail miserably and get a little attached. Either that or the other person gets attached! It just does not work for me.

So its lead me to believe that women and probably not so much men are just very bad at keeping it casual. Women get attached. Then before you know it they are emailing their friends at work talking about "I'm starting to like robert because even though it was supposed to be casual, he is actually a really great guy, we have so much in common" (Even when he is not- he has a bag of other women all over the place! Lol!).

I'd also say that I see that the same is true for the women around me, if they don't start to get attached, then the other party does. Then I get the email at work saying "I had to end it with Robert as he wanted to be more serious, but I don't really like him in that way because of (insert reasons why robert is not so great here) lol!

It seems to me that it just doesn't work and sometimes its not just the females becoming attached.

What do you'll think bdss'ers? Can you do casual?

If you can how do you succeed where so many others fail and become emotionally involved?

Include some hints and tips so the title of this blog is not so misleading lol!

Also what do you think of the idea of casual relationships overall?

2 comments:

  1. Well ...no hints and tips from me, as I would get a D- on this one!

    I have never had the ability to do casual! I like attachment personally... I don´t do and have never seen the point in casual I either like someone or I don´t there´s never been an area of gray for me where I think hmmm, I don´t really like him but I´m sleep with him anyways in the mean time!

    I also think that men probably have a better ability to keep it casual than women...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nahhh, i can't do causal, either i'm fully in or not at all, its nice dating but i can't just be caual about a relatinship. So i have zero tips.t

    Perosnally i don't like causal relationships because i get in them with someone i want to be with if i don't then i won't waste yours or my time. Being single has taught me that i don't need to be in a relationship unless i want to, there is for me an heir of freedom to be me and not to belong, or conform to anyones wants and needs... hmmm i wonder what would happen when i finally get in a relationship, i prodict a butting of heads because right now i don't know about phoning folks, texting sexy messages and all that and even thinking about other because i've been thinking and doind me for a while... lol.

    Do men really have the ability to keep it casual or is it just the bravado they show us and we have long believed it, i don't know whether i believe men turn on and off their feelings. So here is to hoping a man can respond to my post.

    ReplyDelete