Connect With The BDSS

Tuesday 12 October 2010

I Met Her At The Car Park In Tesco´s...

Let's be honest we all never met our partners at church, through family/friends, in the workplace or any other acceptable place!

In this day and age its more likely you met your partner in a bar, club, pub, online... maybe you got chirpsed on road or he/she chatted you up on a bus: The BDSS: I Want To Be Your Babyfather...

For blogging purposes I'm going to tell you how I met my current partner...

It was 2004 and of course I was out with the BDSS's for a night of madness and mayhem!

I'll admit I was drunk and I attempted to do the electric slide with a glass of wine in one hand; and said hand got knocked and wine actually ended up in my face - :-D but somehow my winning personality shone through and despite what they say about meting people in the club (only good for a short sexual encounter) we are still going strong, and in my defense I rarely go out and get rat faced because I like to drive home and see my own bed after a night out!

But having said that I know it won't make for a very good how I met your father story for any possible future children and I actually know there are people out there who care about such things, and you only have to watch TV to know that a romantic meeting story is desirable!

Therefore BDSS I want to hear how you met your significant other, whether you stole them from someone else! Or he chirpsed you whilst walking down the street I want to hear it! Because I think in the pursuit of love it seems anything goes these days!

Also where are the acceptable meeting places?

5 comments:

  1. Lol I remember that day well! I'm sure I've got some pictures of you with drink in your hair.

    I dont personally think that there is a limit to places you can potentially speak to someone and then decide to get to know them better. Although I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

    If you've decided that you want to be with a nice christian man, I think the best place to start might be in church or a church group.

    If you like bad-boys then I think maybe you could join one of those prisoner-penpal schemes lol! or train to be a probation officer or prison warden.....although i'm sure relationships are forbidden. But you never know they may have bad-boy friends who have not been caught lol!

    If your into comic books, one of those comic book conventions.

    You can meet that special Boo anywhere. It doesnt matter!

    I've meet people at work, in clubs, never online though. I tend to Shy away from that.

    But yes anywhere! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally i think it is as acceptable as the persons life style, if you like partying and clubbing then chances are that is where you will find your man. So long as i'm not meeting this person so drunk i can't remember giving out my number nor did i save his name, so long as its not down some dark ally, not in dodgy circumstances then its whatever, its what happens next is what is more important.

    I meet a guy in a the park unbeknowns to me he had seen me a few times and on this one occasion whilke in the park i saw him approaching and the person i was with thought he wanted them to my shock he wanted to speak to me it was funny as the person i was with started down talking the guy after he left with my number. Needless to say that didn't last at ALL! another guy in a shop and he followed me around until i said piss off happily single, that was rather creepy for me, he had to style about it, he had been cool about it maybe i would have had a diffrent reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That night was a great night, and still tops all the raves I've been to before and since! Everyone was in such a good mood and the vibe was so right!

    I don't think it matters where you meet a man/woman, as long as they turn out to be decent. I would think I'm lucky to have crossed paths with them, because it's hard meeting people now days. I met OB in a rave with you ladies, and it was the last rave that I would have thought I would have ever met someone that I actually liked! But when I saw him - well the rest is history!

    I know that people think ooohhhh you can't meet decent people at raves because they are all looking for one thing, I just think it's a load of rubbish.

    You could meet Mr Wrong at church, and Mr Right on the tube, it's just about being at the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor MadeForMakeUp being stalked is not a good thing...

    As for the prison penpal scheme I could not imagine having the desire to write to a murderer for love, but as you say Sel to each their own!

    I agree with you Bi you can meet Mr Wrong in Church and Mr Right somewhere unexpected, the key is knowing how to spot what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pleased to say I was present when both Bi & Si met their babes; wine in face an all!! lol

    I don't think it matters where you meet your man (expect at brothels or erotica exhibition parties, that's a HELL NAH!)

    I don't ever expect to be writing to a murderer for love, no matter how desperate!! :D

    For me, I went to school with mine but never knew him until good ol' FB brought us together, being members of the same group for the school. A cheeky opening line about me looking familiar, I politely pointed out that considering we would have been three years apart, that was highly unlikely (i.e. you're trying it - I don't know you!!). Continued FBing, progressed to lengthy phone calls, then we finally met the day I got back from NY with Bi (talk about eager!) and the rest is history lol

    So not one of the most exciting 'how I met your father' stories out there lol

    ReplyDelete