Connect With The BDSS

Wednesday 6 October 2010

X Factor Shambles... (I Know I´m Late With This One!)

Now whilst I don´t think Cheryl is a racist, I do think that possibly the malaria has made her loss her right mind! (along with her self respect, her dignity, some loyal fans and I might be inclined to add her frigging soul)!

I mean between Gamu and that Katie there was clearly no competition and that´s why every fiber of my being told me and everyone else (except Cheryl) that Gamu was going through to the live shows... I would go as far as saying it was a collective being, a national being (which obviously excluded Cheryl!).

How else could you explain the hardcore focus on Gamu  from the first show?  I mean as well as the great singing we also got the whole back story: ¨I came from Zimbabwe, I´m a student and my mum worked so hard I want to give back¨, along with all the tears,  and the insistent soppy background music (every one knows by now that when Westlife plays the contestant has got through to the next round, fact! lol) to the point were anyone who has ever watched the show over the past how many years KNEW that Gamu was going through;

Gamu was a dead cert, an audience favorite and tipped to win it according to ALL sources! :-D

So a long with the collective being I was definitely bewildered, shocked, horrified, disgusted, disappointed & confused.com upon learning that Gamu was not going through to the live shows;  and even more shocked that Katie was chosen instead?!

Its was such an unexpected decision that I would even compare the shock to when I found out Princess Diana died or when I was up late one night and found out that Michael Jackson  died!… you know one of them real bewildering huh? moments! ... like you remember exactly what you were doing the day Gamu got booted off the X Factor... ´I was swimming with dolphins in the Indian Ocean when I heard the news about Gamu!´ :-(

But I guess that´s show business for you... nothing makes sense when ratings & revenue are involved! and although we have always suspected the show is somehow fixed (I mean its the show that brought us Jedward after all),  I really like X Factor and I really liked Cheryl up until Saturday,  but now I´m questioning her capacity to sit in the judging seat... I mean she choose a Madonna wannabe over real singing talent and she has got a big thumbs down for her trouble (talking about Í´m back to health´ she should have just stayed at home in bed if you ask me! kmt)

I mean I can understand why she put Cher through; she said she was right up her 'Street' which is fair enough; and the other lady can definitely sing! But Katie? that question mark will loom over the next few weeks... that is unless she preforms miracles on the show (I would suggest farting gold dust or singing a song through without forgetting the words as a start!). I think the only thing Cheryl got right is that Katie is like marmite, you either love her or hate her!

My personal theory is not that Cheryl is a racist or that she is paying Africa back for the Malaria! (the people that come up with these conspiracy theories are obviously on some other level! lol) but that this year she has obviously succumbed to the powers that be and someone has made the decision for her, in order to garner as much hype, publicity, controversy, anger, hate etc that can be stimulated from a show that has a formula which is running out of steam!

Either that or the malaria has had some surprising lasting effects...

So anyways my BDSS´ers where were you when you heard the Gamu news? and what are your thoughts on Cheryl and her choice of Katie?

5 comments:

  1. ... I share your shock my sister, I had to take a deep breath and try and think it through. Now forget that the 2 contestants that are black where dropped out and the 2 white girls made it even with awful performances, I thought that this show is about singing and for me Gamu and Trecy sang and sang well, Kate didn't sing instead she cried and Cher well her voice went. X-Factor lost some respect because based on talent and singing one would think if you actually sing and sing well you get through but the 2 girls Cheryl picked didn't even sing, Cher bloody attempted to rap what the hell is that and Kate did she even sing or cry.

    I don' think Cheryl is racist because was married and black man for a while and her buddy helping her was W.ill.iam who is black and i don't about paying Africa back, she is a big star and her people should have made sure she had every injection there is. Even so some of these things just happen.

    Only thing i think off is that Cherly was thinking off an artist because McElderry for flopped and though he worked on the show (not for me) he doesn't work as an artist outside of X-factor so that maybe where she has learned a lesson, its not just about being cute but will that translate into a top selling artist, Trecy won't imo she is just like any other good black singer nothing really draws you too her like we all where to Leona or Alexander who by the way has a weird vid with all those white people... you don't see her as an artist outside of X-factor. Cher has a selling point she has a style unlike any seen on X-factor and Cherly may have judged her based on everything not just that day which to be honest her voice went and i did feel bad for her, while Kate that one i am stumped because in her first audition she forgot her words and i just didn't see it and last week she didn't sing between her,Trecy and Gamu i would pick Trecy.

    It won't matter really because do black folks vote enough to get our favourite to win like white folks do? cause i won't be voiting just watching there is for me no artisti in this show that is stand out that may change

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gamu has no visa, no personality, and unfortunately she definetly doesnt have the x factor.
    Katie has proved she can sing in previous rounds, and definetly has the kwirky qualities of a star i.e Lady Gaga! As you said she is like marmite, love her hate her, that sells, thats news!!!! Just being able to sing with a sad story behind you no longer cuts it in the music industry in the UK!!! Hence Leona 'personality of a ryvita' Lewis going to the states 1st, because people in the UK will then follow what people in the states like!!!!

    Based on all of the above I can see why Katie went through before Gamu 'especially because of the visa'

    What I think has been over shadowed is the other 2 black girls who had amazing voices and did amazing auditions and they have not been put through for two people that messed up!!!

    What is the point of the audition????? Cheryl obviously made up her mind before hand!!! which for me is totally out of order, where is there fairness in that??????

    Its ALMOST enough to put me off of cheryl and the Xfactor

    So inconclusion, do not fall for the media smoke screen of 'Gamu' the real story here is the fact that 2 people were selected that didnt even complete an audition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sentiments exactly 'Anonymous' - my issue isn't really so much the ladies who didn't make it as much as the two who did.

    To me, from she (Cheryl deserves to be referred to as a 'she' lol) made that comment at Cher's first audition ("your right up my street!"), then she became ill and what have you, the producers where never gonna have little ol' her upset and relapsing into unconsciousness (lol) so just gave her the girls - BAIT!

    Auditions are meant to be ruthless to the point where decisions are based on the performance presented at the auditions, not resumes or previous experiences!! That Katie flopped on two noticeable ocassions; first audition and the last audition - come on!!! Then 'snarl & sing' Cher practically quit her audition ("I'm done") which should have been an undeniable end to her running. That's what gets me the most because what will she do when come the live shows and they both flop and either run off stage or stand their bawling? Or if the voting audience at home decide to stage a protest and not vote either of them through to the next stages? KMT

    And what gets me EVEN more is that the producers, knowing that this isn't sitting well with the viewers, are condoning this nonsense by throwing in a friggin' wild card!!!

    Sure will be interesting to see how things progress...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I just think that the whole show is one big farce.

    The fact that you would let someone who has not got permanent leave to stay in the country onto the show in the first place, only to not let her go through based on her "singing" and then turn around and say actually it was based on her lack of Visa. Is just absolutely crazy! I think the sensible thing to have done would have been to tell her to come back and audition when her stay was permanent. It would have avoided all this uproar in the first place and the spectical of Gamu having it annouced on the news that she can not remain in the country. Its all just very shoddy from start to finish.

    As for the other choosing of the acts, I guess there will always be viewers who are disappointed. I know I felt very disappointed when tracie went through, because I can not give her credit for looking like an 80's madonna and fluffing her Lyrics, that to me is not kooky or kwirky or cute, thats just very bad auditioning. I am also aware though that what we have been shown so far has been edited, so who knows whether she will survive the live shows or not!

    As for Cher - I think she had Laryngitis, so I can understand her being put through, I dont think she is fragile or mentally unstable, i think she is just a normal 17 year old. Plus she has proven that she can sing, I dont think she should be penalised for being ill.

    Trayc or the other girl should have been put through I think as they gave much better auditions than miss madonna wannabe!

    But anyways with all this wildcard talk business I guess one of them will be brought back so I guess everyone wins apart from Gamu and her family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. X Factor is officially dead to me (I can't watch it no more!)
    Gamu is not even a Wilcard ...she is a ...
    DEPORTEE!!!
    And I thought how they treated Shelina was bad, but this just takes the biscuit! smh
    Just imagine how things would be if she was not allowed to audition in the first place because of their 'concerns about her visa!'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1318078/X-FACTOR-2010-Cheryl-Cole-visits-wildcard-Gamu-Nhengu-prepares-leave-UK.html

    ReplyDelete