Connect With The BDSS

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Don't Ever Think You Can't Get Better...

Who hasn't held on to a relationship that had run it's course even before you found out those marks on his neck were not the result of a friendly game of 'head locks' gone to far! No they were the result of a liaison with another women...

Ah but still I stayed and held on to the idea of the man I thought he was suppose to be!

But things were irrevocably broken beyond repair; them good old feelings were replaced with something else ...hurt, pain, despair, resentment, a waste of two years of my life and most of all an overwhelming sense of disappointment like I never saw it coming...

But anyways I persevered until one day someone said to me...

'Don't ever think you can't get better'

It was some much needed and timely advice from a male friend who saw me selling myself short!

So in honor of good timely advice I want to hear from you bdss'rs...

Has anyone ever hit the nail on the head just when you needed it the most?

What was the situation and what did they say?

I mean we all need counsel at times...

In fact just this weekend whilst talking with my mum she casually through out ... 'You got to pick sense out of nonsense'

I was like whoa - she is right! and proceeded to update my twitter and face book with that little nugget of wisdom!

So please do tell... what have been your nuggets...

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to relationship break ups the classic chestnut of "theirs plenty more fish in the sea" gets said a lot lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one gets thrown around so much that I think it might have lost it's gold nugget impacted! It's not really a life changing saying like ...really? There are other people out I can go out with?! Lol

    ReplyDelete