Connect With The BDSS

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Are you a Stulla or Stullesha?

Mon ah long distance stulla, mon ah long distance stulla!! The tune sounds nice, but what in the world is movado on about lol! see video below....



I've been listening to this song for the longest while now and the other day, I was with Debs driving somewhere, this song came on and I was wondering what does "stulla" mean?? Did you guys know? I didn't know, that is until I googled it!

This is the thing, sometimes I listen and sing along to bashment/ dancehall and I've got no clue whats going on, all I do know is that it's probably dirty (but not always we've had "I am blessed"!lol) but the riddim (music) sounds soo good, it's only after a while I stop to consider the lyrics. This was one of those tunes....

So here is what urban dictionary says:

Stulla
A stulla is a Jamaica term coined by dancahall singer Mavado that describes a male of high sexually potency and stamina. "I'm a long distance stulla". (I am very sexually potent and can have sex for long sessions)

Please note that I didn't say oxford dictionary, I don't think that the word stulla will be in there just yet lol!

These Dancehall artists if the song's would have you believe are all Stulla's and stamina daddy's......press play on the video below: this is a big old school tune for the over 25's amongst us lol!



.....stop jamming Sel, write the post!lol!

But yeah, have you bdss'er ever been with someone you would describe as a stulla/stamina daddy or indeed a stullesha (the female equivalent)?

I was thinking that if there was a stulla competition, what would be the qualifying criteria?

Okay, okay to stop the blog going down some off key route....I'll just say that I like the song and in tribute to all you stulla's and stullesha's out there......enjoy lol!



But answer this question, are there many Stulla's/Stullesha's out there?

12 comments:

  1. "Champion lovv-er no ease up tonight oo-oh!" Love that tune - SHABBA!

    Anyho, the qualifying criteria for a stulla or stullesha competition? definitely what Buju said STAMINA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I met a Stulla man hmmmmm..... Yes I have! The only problem is that I am no Stullesha lol, stamina isn't my middle name unless I'm utilising it at the gym, or looking after my kids!

    Loving the old school tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a stulla man. I'm am to the bedroom what Haile Gabresalassie is to the athletics. That is, I am the king of the marathon. I mean I am like a non stop train, that never goes out of control. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so stulla there are times you just wanna bam and then like yeah lets chill. But I don't know I was just built a stulla man and I just have to accept that. Yeah that's right i'm stulla and proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO!!!

    A very big welcome goes out to matchujohnson, our first self confessed Stulla! He is Stulla and proud! We like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must admit that most bashment songs also have me baffled for some time to come, it can take months, sometimes years before I grasp the concept of some of these tunes LOL

    Bi; you echo my sentiments exactly. I’m no stullesha either but I have experienced the stulla man ;p

    Gwan matchu, ah u dat! I suppose you are who you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol it makes me laugh how modest women can be when it comes to talking about their own performance! lol!

    Easy to big up someone elses performance as if you was just a spectator in the act!

    Stop being so modest!

    You know you ladies are stullesha's lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol Sel, I think there might be something in what you say!

    Sometimes I might be a stullesha and other times just want to keep it short and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I've been called Rambo girl! I just can't deal with a long ting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rambo/stullesha its the all the same thing lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay hands up - I'm a long distance Stullesha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stullesha and proud hun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. STULLA till the job is done...when satisfaction has been completely delivered and verified i clock out...then clock in when its time again...simples

    ReplyDelete